What is seo and how it works:
Before we proceed, it is important to understand the definition of SEO, how it works and the enormous opportunities SEO has to offer.
It is important to note that the businesses with the best search engine rankings, all understand the importance of knowing SEO optimization inside and out, but of course they had to master the basics first.
DEFINITION OF SEO:
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the process of improving the quality and quantity of website, traffic to a website or a web page from search engines.
As an Internet marketing strategy, SEO considers how search engines work, the computer-programmed algorithms that dictate search engine behavior, what people search for, the actual search terms or keywords typed into search engines, and which search engines are preferred by their targeted audience.
SEO is performed because a website will receive more visitors from a search engine when websites rank higher in the search engine results page (SERP).
SEO which also mean “search engine optimization,” In lay man terms means the process of improving your site in order to increase its visibility for relevant searches.
The better visibility your pages have in search results, the more likely you are to garner attention and attract prospective and existing customers to your business.
Note that Search engines such as Google and Bing use bots to crawl pages on the web, going from site to site, and the job of these bots is to collect information about pages and putting them in an index.
Next thing it does after collecting this information’s from various pages, algorithms analyze pages in the index, taking into account hundreds of ranking factors or signals, to determine the order pages should appear in the search results for a given query.
Always note that search engines always want to provide the best service for their users, meaning delivering results on the search engine pages that are not only high quality but also relevant to what the searcher is looking for.
Therefore, you make certain changes to your website design and content that make your site more attractive to a search engine.
You do this in hopes that the search engine will display your website as a top result on the search engine results page.
Though SEO meaning and SEO marketing may seem complex due to the different factors that can impact your ranking, but the process for search engine optimization is easier than it appears to be.
Further note that in order to get your content in front of the right people, you’d want to try to optimize your blog post so that it will show up as a top result for anyone who searches for the related phrase.
For example, you have an article about ‘how to grow Facebook page’, it is therefore important to optimize your blog post so that it will show up as a top result for anyone who searches for the phrase ‘Facebook page.’
Having understand the definition of SEO, I will be sharing with you some key benefits of SEO and how it works.
The benefits of implementing search engine optimization for your business are enormous and cannot be overemphasized.
- SEO is a fundamental part of digital marketing because people conduct trillions of searches globally every year, often with commercial intent to find information about products and services.
Search is often the primary source of digital traffic for brands and complements other marketing channels.
Greater visibility and ranking higher in search results than your competition can have a material impact on your bottom line.
- By improving your SEO, you can work to expand your visibility on the search engines as this helps you reach and engage more potential customers.
- By creating more engaging and effective SEO-focused content, you can increase your chances of bringing in more targeted organic traffic.
- By adjusting your website and content for greater visibility and readability, you also help give your SEO meaning. You shouldn’t settle for low SERP rankings when you could be at the top.
- Also note, features like rich results and knowledge panels in the search results can increase visibility and provide users more information about your company directly in the results.
FACTORS THAT IMPACT SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION (SEO) RANKING:
Below are some of the factors that can impact your search engine optimization ranking.
Although Google, which is the Search engine giant will never disclose the exact algorithm they use to rank sites.
But we do have a pretty good understanding of some of the factors that impact search engine results page (SERP) rankings and these factors include both on-page and off-page factors, which I will highlight below.
- CONTENT MARKETING:
This is an important factor of SEO. It is effective in attracting the search engines and helping your organization make connections with site visitors.
SEO meaning can be emphasized even further through your visual and written content as the more quality and relevant content pieces that you have on your site, the more likely search engines will be to rank your pages higher on the search engine results page than your competitors.
Likewise, you can attract more visitors to your website and also make them purchase an item or two if you put out more engaging and effective content.
The secret to creating content that is optimized for both the search engines and your human site visitors is to create a variety of different types of content articles that are well-written and on topics that are most relevant to your audience.
Below are some few types of content that you can focus on to help improve your content offering thereby increase your search engine rankings:
- Social media content
- Blog posts and articles
- E-books and whitepapers
- How-To Guides and Tutorials
- Videos and audio recordings
- Infographics or other visual content
SEO keywords and phrases are also important to consider when creating content for your site. They are relevant words and phrases that a search engine user might type in when looking for answers to their questions or relevant products and services.
When you create content around these keywords and phrases, you improve your chances of ranking higher for these keywords on the search engine results page.
Also, another factor that can impact your content and by extension your SEO ranking is the ability to post new and fresh articles.
You must endeavor to keep your content fresh. You can also freshen up your content by updating posts, rewriting them in order to make them more effective, or adding new information and statistics over time (editing).
- OFF-PAGE SEO OPTIMIZATION:
Just like content developing, there are also off-page SEO factors that can help impact your ranking.
Though you do not have direct control over these off-page factors, there are ways that you can improve your chances of having them work out in your favor.
Below are some of the different off-page SEO factors that can impact your search engine rankings:
- Links: One of the most popular ways to build off-page SEO is through backlinks. You must however be careful here as spamming sites with your links is a quick and easy way to get your site banned from the search engines. Instead, I will advise you take the time to build relationships with influencers and fans who create quality content so that they can link back to your site in their own content.
- Trust: We live in a world where trust is fast becoming a scarce commodity. Likewise, Trust is becoming an increasingly important factor in a site’s Google ranking.
This is how Google determines whether you have a legitimate site that visitors can trust. And one of the best ways to improve trust is by building quality backlinks from sites that have authority.
Social: Another important off-page SEO factor are social signals, such as likes and shares.
When it comes to boosting SEO, you want to look for quality shares from influencers as the more quality content you publish, the more likely you will be to get people to share your content with others.
Note, though you do not have direct control over what happens outside of your organization, but you can increase your chances of improving off-page SEO simply by creating quality content that others will find valuable.
- ON-PAGE SEO OPTIMIZATION:
Unlike the off-page SEO optimization, here you have total control of this factors. You decide what happens on your site.
The on-page SEO factors are those elements that happen on your website. Meaning that you can work to improve these factors over time by following best practices for SEO.
This however goes beyond just your content marketing to the deeper levels of your site’s HTML.
Below are some of the few on-page SEO optimization factors that can help to improve your SEO rankings.
- Title Tag: The title tag on each page tells the search engines what your page is about. This should not be more than 70 characters or less, including both the keyword your content focuses on and your business name.
- Meta Description: The meta description on your website tells search engines a little bit more about what each page is about. This is also used by your human visitors for better understanding on what the page is about and if it’s relevant.
This should also include your keyword and provide enough details to tell the reader what the content is about.
- Sub-headings: Not only do sub-headings make your content easier for visitors to read, but it can also help improve your SEO.
You can use H1, H2, and H3 tags to help search engines better understand what your content is about.
- Internal Links: Building internal links, or hyperlinks to other content on your site, can help search engines learn more about your site. For example, if you are writing a post about the value of a specific product or service, you can link to the product or service page in your blog post.
- Image Name and ALT Tags: Here, if you are using images on your website or within your blog content, you will also want to include your keyword or phrase in the image name and alt tag.
By including this information, you also help give your SEO definition and this will help search engines better index your images, which may appear when users perform an image search for a certain keyword or phrase.
Note, when strategically placing your SEO keywords and phrases on your pages, it’s important to avoid over-optimization.
Google and other search engines will not hesitate to penalize your page if you attempt to use keywords too many times throughout the content.
Always keep this in mind that search engine optimization takes time to work its magic.
You won’t experience the benefits of SEO overnight. In fact, it may take months to enjoy the results of your hard work.
But if you’re interested in learning more about how SEO can work for your business or you want to build and give your SEO meaning, or let’s say you’re not happy with your search engine rankings, it may be time to contact us at Springital agency and you’d be happy you did as our team of professional minds will help transform your business and website in no time.
- How to write compelling captions that works for social media - January 13, 2021
- What is seo and how it works: - January 12, 2021
- Step by step guide to create a Facebook Ad directly from your page. - January 11, 2021